Sunday, August 2, 2015

Patricia Eats: The Burger Lab


Never play with your food.

It was always a rule at the dining table. I've lost count how many times parents and elders remind the young ones, or how strangers and fellow diners frown upon little children toying with the food on their plates. But at The Burger Lab, I think it is well encouraged to have a little fun with your meal.

Our office recently relocated to Five E-com in MOA Complex. Not that it's a big deal, but we're at the gastronomically-friendly side of the area. With half of the mall being renovated and lunch staples are closed, it's either we bring baon to work or look for new places to eat in.

I was on a quest to find good burgers. Lo and behold, there's a new burger place in the Prism Plaza (Two E-com). I've only heard of its name, but after checking out social media and of course Looloo and Zomato, I was convinced I should try it. A few days ago, I was able to convince Eunice and Efren too. Yay!

The Burger Lab is actually a bar. But there's more on the menu beyond alcohol. I carefully reviewed the menu on Zomato. There are several ways you can get a burger, from a plain "Sad Burger" to the most adventurous one like the "The Cardiac Burger". The menu is easy to look at - the name of the burger, the ingredients and of course the price. Price ranges from Php170 to Php360.

Eunice's Cheese-Stuffed Burger (Php230); effin' oozing with cheese!

Efren got a Pizza Burger. With extra bacon. The love affair of meat and guys. Lol. Medyo nainggit ako sa mozzarella cheese. Costs Php225 before the bacon. He then asked for ketchup, and whoa. It came in a syringe. 


I got this Smoked Gun Burger (Php270), because between a spicy chicken burger (Buffalo Soldier Burger) and one with barbecue sauce, barbecue wins for me. The coolness factor with this one was it came in a glass cover, smoking, then revealed my burger. It was a good burger, the patty was really juicy and the coleslaw was just the right amount of tang. Although I'd prefer to order this next time with the barbecue sauce in a separate container. It was too much for me - but it was still good that I want to order it again next time.

We also had milkshakes (Php120) - what burger meal would be complete without milkshakes? I got a classic vanilla milkshake, which is usually my test for good or bad milkshakes. The others got chocolate milkshakes. I personally liked the creamy vanilla flavor, but the fact that their blend still had chunks of ice in it doesn't make me want to recommend this to anyone. It's pretty good though, an insect dove in my drink and enjoyed it.


Efren also ordered chicken wings (Php195). Weird as it is, it was supposed to be an appetizer but was served after we were finished with our burgers and almost done with our milkshakes. One order's about 6 pieces, so it was enough for the three of us. It was not that spicy as I was expecting it to be, and it the ranch dip really complemented the wings.

I'd give this restaurant 4 stars (out of 5). If it weren't for the milkshake-stealing insect and the late chicken wings, I'd give the Burger Lab a perfect 5 stars. But, things happen. And I'd try to remember to ask the server to separate the sauces next time. 




The Burger Lab is located at 4/F Prism Plaza, Two E-com Building, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City
Contact Number: 832-5838
Open 2pm - 10pm (Monday - Friday); 2pm - 2am (Saturday)

No comments:

Post a Comment