Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bowing Out Gracefully.

This is probably one of my most long overdue posts which I think is perfect enough to be written as the year comes to an end. (Maybe you can also blame me for not knowing where I left my laptop the other night. I'm actually typing all of this in someone else's laptop. Which, btw, I absolutely hate.) There's really nothing special about this post. It's basically a summary of all the things I've learned, and still trying to learn, for this year.


And now I don't know where to start. A lot has happened this year. Really. Maybe I'll start with the small stuff, eh?


Err... I can't think of anything small. I think everything has been a major thing in my life this year. Maybe because it was all a new chapter. You see, it's really a huge step for me to leave school and start working. Feels grown-uppy, but deep inside, I can't seem to grow up yet. Anyway, I'll just make a list of whatever it is I've learned.




  • Anyone superior (professors, managers, officers, crappy government employees) is just plain unfair.
  • "When in doubt, ask questions"
  • You are more blessed than unfortunate, if you just look at things in a much bigger picture.
  • Life, in general, is unfair.
  • HR people are kind. Period.
  • No matter how much you want something, if it just wasn't meant to be, IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.
  • The perfect time to relax is when you don't have time for it.
  • There are really guys who fake a future just to get what they want in the present.
  • An army of girlfriends is sooo much better than dealing with one boyfriend who can't treat you with respect.
  • Some people just won't grow up, even in the workplace.
  • Ohana.
  • Nothing can ever be kept in the dark.
  • Some people would do just about anything just to get their 15 minutes of fame.
  • Facebook, Multiply, and all the other social networks out there help in keeping communication and relationships alive, but there's more to that.
  • When about to get drunk, keep all things valuable in a safe place, and be sure to get drunk only with people you trust, and by that, friends who will take you home safely.
  • Play with kids to help you relax.
  • There are a lot of good single guys out there so stay away from the taken ones. (And taken guys, please stay away from single girls who are trying hard to snag a single guy. So stop pretending you're single.)
  • When shopping on a budget, always use the 28-day rule.
  • Impulse buying is allowed in bazaars. (And bazaars only. And for a certain amount too.)
  • Caffeine is good, but not always.
  • Try new stuff everyday. Specially food. There's a lot of surprises in food.
  • Alcohol is always good with friends.
  • When alone and need comforting and no one is around, watch TV series. Sometimes the best pick-me-up lines are said there.
  • Wear clothes to please yourself and not other girls. Trust me, you might just start a trend. ;-)
  • Always remind yourself these words: You are beautiful, inside and out.
  • Growing up is such a hard thing to do.
  • Strangers give out very nice blessings. Seriously.
  • Cats are very cuddly pets. And they make nice alarm clocks too.
  • The world is really really small.
  • Never stop learning, because there are more things to learn beyond this list.
...there. What has been, in general, for my life in 2009. ;-)


What have you learned so far? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment